It will be one year on 5th Feb 2020, since my love, my wife, my life, Kusum left this world. Kusum who did not succumb to Cancer and not only survived but lived the life, a legendary life……Such life needs celebration “Celebration of Life”.
Therefore, from 9-Jan-2020 (today) to 9-Feb-2020, in memory and honor of Kusum, we are starting with “#KusumVsCancer – Celebration of Life” while sharing her journey, memories, work and also raising awareness of Cancer, Research, Patient Advocacy, Hope, Love.
“#KusumVsCancer – Celebration of Life” from 9-Jan-2020 to 9-Feb-2020
“Tribute Ceremony” on 9-Feb-2020
Kusum aka Vibha aka KusumVsCancer:
- age 27, never smoker, mother of 3 yr old
- diagnosed with stage 4 Lung Cancer (in both Lungs) with cancer in Brain (32 mets), Bones, Spinal Cord, Ovaries, Adnexa, Abdomen
- no medicine ever gave more than 30% response/ reduction in her cancer…was never became cancer free during the treatment
- given 6 months to live, but celebrated 6 Cancerversary (7 year survival)
- was longest survivor at Stage 4 in India for her rare type of Cancer
- participated in 5 clinical trials/ research medicines
- 1st patient from India to participate in two latest research treatment
- led with me, to bring many latest treatment in India & saved hundreds of Indian patients life
- co-founded with me, India’s 1st oncogene focused lung cancer patients support group
In love and memory of Kusum,